Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Secret Trails



Sunday night, Peter and I drove up to an undisclosed location because a good trail running friend of ours was putting us up in a hotel. She is planning a 100 miler for next year, somewhere in B.C. But before she can, she has to make sure all the trails are in good working order and that she can get all the necessary permitting. It's looking good but not 100% confirmed and therefore I can't disclose the location (upon her request). The weather was great overall but a little foggy in the first few hours. The section that Peter and I did was 35km. It is very runnable, although I can't say that for the rest of the event. It is almost completely single track and I am pumped to do this race myself if it does end up happening.
Some stats:
- The max altitude 7050ft
- The min altitude 2665ft
- The avg altitude 5595ft

Total climbing in the 35.4km 2520ft up with 6480ft down.

Enjoy the pics!















(Our friend had hiked in and wrote Peter and I's initials and wrote 3km with an arrow pointing in the direction we needed to go. It was fantastic!)







I have bought my ticket to Virginia. I am Mountain Masochist 50 miler bound!I am excited to go run on some new terrain. The race is November 7th, 09. Should be awesome. In my last blog I had thought about skipping it to do Haney to Harrison but the flight was cheap and I really wanted to try something new.

See you in the trails!

1 comment:

Peter Watson said...

thanks for sharing another great outing on our local(nearby) trails.

wishing you speed at MM50;)

Love ya